




UPDATES: Well I've been continuing with my transitioning and I must say it is a trial.
The difference between my natural hair and the relaxed hair is so significant that I forced to try some protective hairstyles. I tried some box braids (without extensions) and that lasted all off 5 days because they kept unravelling and looked untidy. So this is what I ended up with. What do you think?
Oy! I want to wait until September until I BC, but something tells me that I wont' be able to last that long. Hopefully I can because I'm getting married in July and I need some length for the big day as I have no idea how to handle short hair.
Wish me Luck!
3 comments:
I was wondering when you were deciding to get your locks :) WAIT-WAIT-WAIT until after your wedding, I know it will be hard because of the excitement but it will be so much easier to deal the your hair now rather than new locks on your wedding day, and HONEYMOON (smile). Because with the first few months of locks it will be a transitioning period and with planning your wedding and getting ready you will have enough on your mind.
Congratulations on your forthcoming wedding!
It was five months between my last relaxer and my Sisterlock installation. As the amount of new growth became more and more, I had to be more creative with styling. Something that did work for me was to plait my hair after washing (whilst still damp); I would take the plaits out in the morning, fingercomb and style.
You could also try two strand twisting your hair - I would do this as well. The smaller the better, as you can then style in various ways.
Thanks for the advice Mel!
Post a Comment