Tuesday, September 25, 2007

BC and beyond...

Hey folks. I haven't updated here in a while. I got all caught up with posting pictures on Fotki that I forgot the reason for this blog site.

Well as of August 17th 2007 I chopped off those dreaded, raggedy relaxed ends and I am now free from chemical alterations to my beautiful hair. And BEAUTIFUL it is. I haven't seen my nappy hair since 1991 or there about!! Sixteen years of abuse to my hair! Well it's all over now because I'm truly loving my hair.

Initially I blogged about locs...Well that has been put n the back-burner for a while because I'm so loving this hair that I'm not ready to loc it up just yet. Maybe in a few years when I gain some length or the novelty of my hair wares off I'll get started on the braidlocs that I was so in awe of a few months ago.

I currently have 4-4.5 inches of natural hair and I'm in the experimental stages. Any advice would be appreciated because I'm still trying to figure out what my hair likes. Everyone recommends co-washing but that seems to create nothing but the icthies! I have to do an ACV rinse because my scalp is acting up. Maybe I should go back to baking soda and forget about the shampoo...Trial and error....That's the name of the game.

Anyway...gotta go look for some pics...

Hrs post BC....

Fav puff pic
















Wash n go













Twist out














Oh yea...I forgot! I got married tooo!! This has definitely been a year of change.
I married the
man of my dreams on 07/07/07...Lucky sevens!! What a day it was.... There's a story there which I will post another day.

1 comment:

Bajan Lily said...

lol, How did you forget you got married?
Congratulations!

Also - your loose hair is definitely beautiful so I'm with you if you wanna take time out to explore and enjoy it before locking.
Good luck on your journey!