Monday, August 3, 2009

New Journey

So I've decided to reawaken this blog. I started it waaay back when with the intention of blogging about my transition from permed to natural to locs. Well I got caught up with wedding planning and forgot about this here spot. But now I'm ready to start locking my hair I would like to document it here....

I've been natural for two years and loved it. But the afro puff was getting stale and I'm not one for creative hairstyling. I like my hair in box braids but found it tiresome to install and then unbraid after less than two weeks due to frizzing.

So here l am. I installed my baby locs on 30th July 2009, one day before my daughter's 1st birthday. I can't wait for them to mature. I do forsee one obstacle and that is learning to embrace the frizz and fuzz...but I say bring it on (for now anyway...LOL) because that is all part of the locking process.

I hope to update as often as I can as things progress.

Blessings all!

(Pics to follow shortly....)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh wow we did begin our journeys the same day. Well, I wish you luck on yours :)

Lion-ess said...

I kept wondering when you'll start back blogging again!
Always checked ur blog periodically!!

I need to get myself a blackberry for real!